Preface

God knows I would rather die than to lead a single soul astray.

The contents of this book are offered without apology; with an exhortation to all to seek God’s best. The responsibility we prefer to leave with the reader alone.

Seek God according to the understanding He gives you of Himself. Seek His will for you. If all were honestly seeking God the question would be solved, the difficulty removed.

Now to my precious wife and living children, who have sustained me in this work by their prayers and loving sympathy, and to the sweet memory of darling little Esther, who has gone on before, and has furnished me with inspiration through her heaven-ordained ministry in my behalf, I dedicate this book. She being dead, yet speaketh. I commend all to God.

F. BARTLEMAN.
Michener, Pa.
August 19, 1908.